Skip to main content

Paracetamol hypersensitivity + Mild Pneumonia

Last June 24, 2013, my little man was admitted to the hospital due to allergic reaction from Paracetmol. Paracetamol is a pain reliever and a fever reducer. I let Dirk have a dose of it because he had a fever a night before he was admitted. I blame myself of what happened because I never thought that paracetamol can have a bad effect on my son. Who would expect that this kind of medicine that seems to be present on our home will have a bad reaction to my little boy?


Rashes were all over his body and the most dangerous effect was my son was having hard time breathing. He was given an oxygen support for 24 hours. All lab tests was done to ensure what is his current condition, aside from the Paracetamol Hypersensitivity, he also had mild pneumonia. Mild pneumonia is a respiratory infection that causes a swelling of the lungs (caused by bacteria) and also known as "walking" pneumonia.

I am really worried about this condition of my son. I don’t have an idea where did these bacteria come from. Dirk’s Lola is very careful in taking good care of him. This really served as an eye opener for me.


As of the moment, our little man is recovering and is still taking his medication at home. To all who prayed for Dirk, Thank you so much and Godbless you all. ♥

Comments