Skip to main content

My Succies Babies: Rainbow Bush

Hi everyone! aside from my passion for creative journaling/planning, I also love plants and particularly succulents and cactus. I am more a succulent mom because I only have only 2 cactus and hopefully I can add more. Seeing these babies grow is like a therapy for me and I am glad because Dirk is loving them as well.

My very first plant/succulent is a "rainbow bush" that I named Uno. I had Uno for 3 months already. I also researched my first plant to ensure that I can keep him alive. Its scientific name is "Portulacaria afra f. variegata" and they are also called elephant bush and elephant shrub. 

They have reddish-brown stems and light green leaves. I read that this type of plant is slow-growing but Uno is different since it grows fast and already has branched out. It is also advised to keep then in indirect sunlight which I followed and agree since Uno is really growing so well. 

I got UNO mid-October 2019
As a newbie plant mom, I was very worried that my plant might dry and die if I won't water it every day but as I learn about taking care of succulents, I always keep in mind that they are happier if they received a small amount of water rather than giving them too much that might kill them. Here in our country, we are fortunate enough since most plants can survive with our climate / weather.

3 months old
 Since Uno as grown so tall, I have decided to do the cutting of its stem and hopefully, it will grow new roots and survive.
The cutting and hopefully this will live



Comments