Skip to main content

PUT on the BEST LOVE


Our dearest was born last March 5, 2012, via unexpected CS Operation. Unfortunately, he had blood infection and stayed in the Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for 45 days.

As a new mom, I blame myself because of what happened to my son. Seeing others moms caring their babies after they gave birth brought more pain because I cannot even touch my own baby.

Even though my wound was still very fresh on that time, I was with him every day in the NICU. From 8am in the morning until 8pm in the evening, pumping my own milk every hour so that I can feed him. Every time he has seizure and suffers the pain from the antibiotics that the nurses had to inject him every day melted my heart and soul.

Prayers and support from my family and friends was my support. Those 45 days was the most painful days of my life. What happened made more mature and responsible person and mother.

Moving on, our Dearest Dirk is now 10 months old, a very healthy and loving son. Even though I am a working mom, I never fail to have time for him. Staying late at night to wash his clothes, putting him to bed, preparing his feeding bottles, feeding him every breakfast and dinner time and watching with him his favorite Mickey Mouse clubhouse show every morning are the simple things I have done to show how much I love my son.

Comments