Skip to main content

How to be a Responsible Credit Card User



In our generation today, most of us are already using credit cards to purchase our needs and wants. I got my first credit card last 2008. At first I was really hesitant to use it because of the bad feedback I have heard from those who have credit cards. But now, with my four credit cards I am using now, here are some points I consider while using my credit cards:

• Learn to BUDGET
One of the reasons why we enjoy using our credit cards is we “PAY LATER”. But always make sure that you have allotted a budget for what you bought.

• Purchase things that are NEEDS
As a new mom, I use my credit cards to purchase the basic needs of my little boy like his milk, baby food, diapers, vitamins, feeding and bottle needs, bathing needs, and clothing stuffs.

• Go for PROMOS
Most of the credit card companies are having promos for their avid users (can really save a lot), I usually subscribe to email and SMS alert so that I am aware of the different promo offers of my credit cards.

• Know your LIMITS
There are really instances where in we got tempted to swipe for items that we do not really need (but we really want), if that’s the case, just be aware of your limits, if you are really capable paying those items and you have a budget for it, so swipe it out.

We need to be aware and responsible for all our actions, let our credit cards be beneficial to us, not a burden.

Comments