Skip to main content

Saving for the Future

Honestly, when I started working at the age of 21, the word “SAVING” has not really sink into my mind. Half of my 1st salary was given to my mom and half of it was spend to buy a new cell phone. For the last 3 years, my money was spend for our monthly electricity bill, air fare tickets, bags, shoes, clothes and going out with friends was my precedence.

Now that I am a mom at the age of 25, my priority is my son and his future. I felt dreadful of what I did before but not to too late to do things right.  When I got pregnant with Dirk last July 2012, I immediately opened a savings bank account. I disciplined myself that I need to allocate money to put in a monthly basis and deposit on this account. Here in my workplace, I also joined a Cooperative Org. were in regular employees can also save money through instant salary deduction, depending on how much will you pledge to allocate in your monthly salary as your personal savings.


Years from now, Dirk will be going to school and lots of additional expenses will be coming my way. It is better to be ready and prepared for these things.


Comments