Skip to main content

Dirk at Seven

Hello Mommies and Daddies! Hope you had a great Halloween celebration, Dirk and I also had a productive weekend, we visited his Lolo and spend quality time with the family, and now we are back to school. 

Many are asking how is Dirk that he is now 7 years old. Part of his progress is he goes to his room all by himself. It took us months for us to let him realize that every time he goes to school, Mama is just outside waiting for him. He loves to play with his classmates, sometimes there are what they called "away bata"but I just let him be himself. I don't want to be overprotective to the extent that it will discourage him to make new friends. Kids learn from playing too.


He is going to his room all by himself.

My son is 7 is he is still part of Kinder-Autism. I received comments about this but my answer is this, I greatly respect my son's pacing. I don't care what others are saying that at 7, he should do this or do that or learn this and learn that. Our kids have their ways of learning and coping. They are unique on their own way. I am very proud to say that at 7, he accomplished a lot.

At 7,he loves math (counting by 5,10, 20 until a hundred and even adding 2 to 3 digits number) and he loves draw, he explains all his drawings. 


He loves MCDO and this is his masterpiece.

He has his own preference on what clothes and shoes he likes to wear. He also has his own favorite menu and makes sure to eat everything when I ordered it for him. He has his collection of toys (he takes care of them) and would ask my approval if we can buy additional toys and when I say no, he understands. 


This is his hotwheels collection, he takes good of them.

He always asks approval he wants to borrow my things and always make sure to only use them if I said yes. I never taught these things to my son, what I did, I respect him and I was able to gain this from him. I am not a perfect mom but I am just trying to be a good one for him.


Patiently waiting for his food,

Comments